tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Callender <geoff.callender.jumpst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Abstract layer or jquery all the way?
Date Sat, 27 Oct 2012 01:00:41 GMT
I can't find a definition of SPI in this mailing list. Is it:

- Service Provider Interface?
- Script Programming Interface?
- Single Page Interface?

I'm guessing it's #2. If so, then it sounds like an excellent idea, and I'm guessing it would
have to be written in raw, vanilla javascript (the lowest common denominator) so that everyone
can call it from their preferred flavour of javascript.

As for the implementation beneath the SPI, sure, jQuery sounds as good a solution as any,
and I see no harm in locking that in.

If I'm on track now, could someone post some examples/proposals of interface code, eg. the
interface for Zone handling; so we can see what we're talking about?

Cheers,

Geoff

On 27/10/2012, at 3:48 AM, Massimo Lusetti wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Geoff Callender
> <geoff.callender.jumpstart@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm a bit lost in all of this. I thought an aim of 5.4 was to make it easy to use
widgets from other JavaScript libraries, eg. the huge range of widgets in Ext JS, or any other
library that gains traction? Is that still the case?