tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Dragan Sahpaski <dragan.sahpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Compatibility for 5.4
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2012 20:10:28 GMT
The main javascript API we've been using is Tapestry.Initializer,
which I think should be kept for backwards compatibility.
Probably the best is to deprecate javascript APIs in 5.4 and remove
them in 5.5 as it's the tapestry way of doing with java public APis. I
hope require js will allow us to write more modular javascript but
also it's my opinion that tapestry should use it as much as possible
to introduce a public javascript API that is like a very small utility
library that has good documentation. How many users have asked on the
mailing list how to trigger an ajax form submit to do a zone update
etc.

Thanks,
Dragan Sahpaski