tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Stepanov <denis.stepa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Abstract layer or jquery all the way?
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 22:06:21 GMT
I'm differently against SPI and all that javascript abstraction.

In my opinion, if you write javascript clean:

use coffeescript
separate different functionality into own files
no .ajax, console. wrappers use provided framework functionality
if you need to acknowledge an error throw an exception
eliminate dependencies by using events as the API between them
…

final result is that you have pretty manageable javascript and if you don't like the framework
you can easily rewrite it or just copy and extend it, in big projects it is probably needed
anyway.

I'm for as less javascript as possible solution and jQuery.

Denis