tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Lenny Primak <lpri...@hope.nyc.ny.us>
Subject Re: PATCH: tapestry-jpa EntityManagerObjectProvider fixes entities not associated with correct entity manager issue
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 03:19:21 GMT
I just took a quick look (but not tested) at your code, and I don't see how not caching a proxy
has any difference.
Since the PlasticProxyFactory calls createObject() upon every method call.

I just tested a simple app with two PUs on the same page and it works fine.
I still say this is not an issue.

On Nov 13, 2012, at 8:55 PM, John wrote:

> please see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2027
with correct entity manager issue

>  I didn't look at this in detail, but proxies are sometimes thread-local, and not really
singletons.
>  Also, your patch isn't a real patch.  it's a replacement, and harder to incorporate
for committers,
>  if it is indeed necessary.
>
>  On Nov 13, 2012, at 8:09 PM, John wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The original code is like below, note how the proxy provided acts like a singleton.
I'll take a look at the JIRA, thanks.

>> public class EntityManagerObjectProvider implements ObjectProvider
>> {
>>   private EntityManager proxy;
>>   public <T> T provide(final Class<T> objectType, final AnnotationProvider
annotationProvider,
>>           final ObjectLocator locator)
>>   {
>>       if (objectType.equals(EntityManager.class))
>>           return objectType.cast(getOrCreateProxy(annotationProvider, locator));
>>       return null;
>>   }
>>
>>   private synchronized EntityManager getOrCreateProxy(
>>           final AnnotationProvider annotationProvider, final ObjectLocator objectLocator)
>>   {
>>       if (proxy == null)
>>       {
>>       }
>>       return proxy;

referred to in classes using the @PersistenceContext(unitName= annotation. As it is in 5.3.6
the first EntityManager wired up gets injected to all successive EntityManager instances and
the unitName= value is ignored. Probem was caused by reusing a class variable. The bug makes
it seem that entities are not wired to the EntityManager as you would expect, in fact the
reference passed in is bad.

>>> Also refactored to use PlasticProxyFactory.
>>>
>>> John
>>>

>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: John

that is subsequently handed to all the PersistenceContext annotations regardless of the unitName,
like I said.

>>> The following replacement class is tested working and handles multiple persistence
units correctly as per the original Tapestry docs, just put it on your classpath first. Maybe
someone on the developer side can check this out and commit it to the build cycle.

>>> package org.apache.tapestry5.internal.jpa;
>>>
>>> import javax.persistence.EntityManager;
>>> import javax.persistence.PersistenceContext;
>>>
>>> import org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.AnnotationProvider;
>>> import org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.ObjectCreator;
>>> import org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.ObjectLocator;
>>> import org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.ObjectProvider;
>>> import org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.services.PlasticProxyFactory;
>>> import org.apache.tapestry5.jpa.EntityManagerManager;
>>>
>>> /**
>>> * A patched version to use PlasticProxyFactory and not cache the EntityManager
as a class member.
>>> * @author John Coleman
>>> */
>>> public class EntityManagerObjectProvider implements ObjectProvider
>>> {
>>>
>>> /**
>>>  * {@inheritDoc}
>>>  */
>>> public <T> T provide(final Class<T> objectType, final AnnotationProvider
annotationProvider,
>>>         final ObjectLocator locator)
>>> {
>>>     if (objectType.equals(EntityManager.class))
>>>         return objectType.cast(getOrCreateProxy(annotationProvider, locator));
>>>
>>>     return null;
>>> }
>>>
>>> private synchronized EntityManager getOrCreateProxy(
>>>         final AnnotationProvider annotationProvider, final ObjectLocator objectLocator)
>>> {
>>>         final PlasticProxyFactory proxyFactory = objectLocator.getService("PlasticProxyFactory",
>>>           PlasticProxyFactory.class);
>>>
>>>          final PersistenceContext annotation = annotationProvider
>>>                         .getAnnotation(PersistenceContext.class);
>>>
>>>         EntityManager proxy = proxyFactory.createProxy(EntityManager.class, new
ObjectCreator<EntityManager>()