tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wyraz <michael.wy...@evermind.de>
Subject Re: Speed up page compiling - detailed analysis
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 16:02:13 GMT
Hi,

I spent some more time in profiling/debugging. I added caching for all
my OGNL bindings so that's no issue anymore. I add Cachring for tomcat's
WebappClassloader.findResource which was a big hotspot. I cut the link
between my 3 big pages so that only 1 page is loaded at once.
- PlasticProxyFactoryImpl.createProxy 8 seconds (7 seconds own time)
- ClassLoader.loadClass 5 seconds (3.2 seconds own time)
   - called often from ComponentInstantiatorSourceImpl.getInstantiator
   - called often from PlasticProxyFactoryImpl.createProxy
- ArrayList.toArray 2 seconds
   - called often from StringInternerImpl.format(String,Object[])
- File.exists() 2 seconds
   - called often from AssetSourceImpl.getAsset
- StringInternerImpl.format 1.3 seconds own time
- InitializeActivePageName.handlePageRender 1.4 seconds own time
- WebappClassLoader.getResource 1 second own time
   - called often from AssetSourceImpl.getAsset
- AssetSourceImpl.getAsset 1 second own time

"own time" means the time spent within the method itself (excluding the
time spent in other called method from within this method).

It's possible to speed up some things with optimizations but the best
approach would be a development-only proxy.

Regards,
Michael.