tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Let's fix Environment state
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 17:48:23 GMT
I don't see it as broken. Why do you feel it is broken. Use cases, not
broad pronouncements, please.

What drove this is the Form component; in an Ajax form submission, the Form
puts the FormSupport object into the environment.  Then as a consequence of
the Ajax render, it needs to partially render again ... my memory of this
is faulty. I can't remember what drove the need to cloak  I think it was
there were multiple unexpected things in the Environment, interacting
poorly and the cloak approach was the clean way to approach the problem.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210