tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: [REPORT] Apache Tapestry
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 13:17:50 GMT
(Please note the mix of private/public lists)

On 10/8/13 8:19 PM, Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> Apache Tapestry is a Java component-based web framework that features
> high productivity, great code reuse, robust deployment, and terrific
> performance.
>
> Progress continues on the 5.4 release, which is still in alpha. There
> have been
> several further preview releases.

This year's board is being consistent at asking projects to follow the
reporting guidelines, which have been published and sent to PMCs a
number of times:

   http://apache.org/foundation/board/reporting

In particular, it's likely the board will be asking for the date of the
last release, as well as the date(s) of last committer or PMC member
changes to be added to the report.  Similarly, board reports are most
properly seen as "let the board know the current community health of the
project as a whole", so data or comments about activity levels within
the project, knowing that questions on the mailing lists are being
answered, etc. are things the board likes to see.

Board reports are important to allow the board to provide the proper
oversight for all 140+ Apache projects.  They're mostly focused
internally, to our own organization (i.e. the Foundation as a
corporation, and our project communities) and not externally as any sort
of marketing or publicity mechanism (although obviously, the board does
publish public minutes of all meetings after approval).

- Shane

Reminder: folks are always welcome to review past board minutes to see
how other projects are reporting:

   http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html