tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Alessio Gambi <agamb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for a list of modules recommended by the Tapestry team
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 11:51:34 GMT
As I said to HLS when we met in London some years ago, we need an open MarketPlace where people
can easily do their own business: sell software, consult experts, browse catalogs of components/pages/services
etc.

As I see people rising the picks and flames let me also add that:
- a market place can host/link also open and free projects

- users can 'vote' the quality of the published artifacts, and express their opinions

- developers can have some feedback on their work

- <add here what you like >

Moreover, despite the failures of 90's-style components market places, now everybody is used
to AppStores and easy to go solutions that perfectly fit the ability of tapestry to embrace
new components and module 'almost' for free.

Of course it would be great to have it running on tapestry .... ( I have in mind several reasons
why this choice should benefit to everybody)

BTW, I am also of the idea that, no matter its implementation, such kind of things should
not be hosted on Apache premises....

-- Alessio