tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Harner <bobhar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for a list of modules recommended by the Tapestry team
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 00:58:00 GMT
I really need to spend way more time on it (and I'm open to pull requests
and contributers). It would fulfill several important needs. But the switch
to Tapestry 5.4 really slowed me down (Bootstrap really killed the layout
and all the careful polishing I had done). I wish now that I hadn't
switched to 5.4 yet, but I wanted to dump prototype.js. So there's still
some CSS and JavaScript to fix.

The Component World database is pretty up to date. It currently contains
358 (!) elements (descriptions of Tapestry-related components, mixins,
elements, pages, modules, frameworks, and web sites) in a hierarchical
structure. For example, just yesterday I added Thiago's AddRssLink mixin
and the Tapestry-rss module it belongs to, which is listed as part of his
Ars Machina "site".

For each entry the app is tracking its name, description, documentation
URL, demo URL, Tapestry version compatibility, the license, whether it's a
Tapestry-provided component or 3rd party, etc.

The https://github.com/bobharner/ComponentWorld/issues page is an accurate
list of what still needs to be done. Mainly what the app needs is:

1) A security layer (Tapestry-security) for authentication to the pages for
adding new entries and doing admin actions.

2) A few simple crud interfaces for updating the lookup tables in the
database (entry types, source types, licenses, Tapestry versions

3) Set it up to run under Tomcat in our Apache jail where the Hotel Booking
example runs, and point the doc pages to it.