tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com>
Subject Proposal for a list of modules recommended by the Tapestry team
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 19:09:57 GMT
Hi!

There's an interesting discussion between me and Pieter in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-64. The gist of it is that he
wants portlets support in Tapestry, there's tapestry5-portlets, which is
written by at least two Tapestry committers, but the consensus here is to
not add more modules to the Tapestry project itself due to the time to
support it. His argument, and I kind of agree with him, is that having
tapestry5-portlets in the Tapestry project is a seal of quality for the
portlet support.

I propose a compromise: in the Tapestry documentation site, a page
containing third-party Tapestry and Tapestry-IoC modules which the
Tapestry team recommends due to their proven quality. For example,
tapestry-security is written by Kalle Korhonen, which is both a Tapestry
and Shiro committer. Or tapestry-url-rewriter, written by me and Robert
Zeigler and not in Tapestry itself anymore. For a given module to be
listed there, I suggest that we carry a vote just like we do with new
committers. In addition, we could have a page in the Tapestry
documentation with some documentation.

What do you guys think?

Cheers!

--