tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Stärk <...@spielviel.de>
Subject time to switch to Selenium 2?
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2013 18:39:52 GMT
I'm running into problems with Selenium where the latest versions of Firefox aren't supported
anymore and certain actions don't trigger the corresponding events in Chrome (e.g. onchange
when
selecting an element in Palette's available list).

Switching to Selenium 2 is going to be a major pain. It will break a lot of the existing tests
and
from the little experience I've had with it, it is very different from Selenium 1 and certain
things
can't even be done with it anymore. I'd therefore suggest to create a compatibility layer
to allow
existing tests coded against SeleniumTestCase to continue to run.

What do you think?

Uli