tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Frovarp <rfrov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Accept GitHub Pull Requests for Tapestry5
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2013 18:48:18 GMT
It has been mentioned on other lists that there is concern that those
contributing through GitHub may not know that they are contributing to
the project, and that the contributed code will be licensed under AL2.0.
The vast majority of projects on GitHub don't have a license at all, so
that does not appear to be part of the culture of that site (vs Google
Code where every project has to have a license). Contributing a patch
through Jira, Bugzilla, or the email list is a stronger indication of
acknowledgement of contribution. It was suggested that getting a
confirmation, either through email or a comment on the request, would be
a good thing to do.

Additionally, jclouds which is a TLP was pointed out as a project that
is doing a lot of work through GitHub, but uses the ASF infrastructure
as the official repository.
http://jclouds.apache.org/documentation/devguides/