tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: UIMA-SDK build tied to tapestry-only node in Jenkins
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2013 15:26:14 GMT
Hello Uli,

actually, the UIMA-SDK build is tied to "ubuntu" already. I was recently trying to find a
good
rule for binding builds, starting with not tying it at all, then adding exclusions for those
slaves
where the build did not run. During that quest, at some point, a build was run on the tapestry
VM,
which was actually very helpful, because it showed us that a bug he thought to have fixed
long ago
hadn't been properly fixed at all. We fixed the issue again and a second build was run on
the
tapestry VM after that to verify it had gone. After this, the job was tied again to "ubuntu"
(I just checked, it says "ubuntu" in the job configuration).

I am not sure why the tapestry slave was chosen when I started excluding certain nodes. The
Jenkins
documentation at ASF says "If your build is not system-dependent (most simple Java builds,
etc.)
you can leave your build untied to maximize the number of executors available for the build."
So I would assume, that certain reserved slaves are neither used when a job is not bound,
nor
when it excludes specific nodes which are known to have issues (e.g. solaris1).

Sorry for the inconvenience. In any case, we did not have the intention of appropriating exclusive
slaves.

Best regards,

-- Richard