tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Kalle Korhonen <kalle.o.korho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accept GitHub Pull Requests for Tapestry5
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2013 22:09:31 GMT
Yes, regarding jclouds, there's right now a thread "Case study in Git
support: jclouds" on infra list where Andrew Bayer was explaining how they
do things, copied below for convenience (@infra doesn't seem to be archived
anywhere?)

Kalle

---
On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 3:03 PM, Andrew Bayer <andrew.bayer@gmail.com> wrote:
So we never, ever pull anything into the GitHub repo directly. For my own
pull requests, once it's been reviewed/passed CI/etc, I do a git pull
--rebase origin (ASF branch the change is going to), force-push to my
GitHub fork so that the hash on the pull request is updated, and then do
"git push origin (local branch):(ASF branch the change is going to). Then
the PR gets automatically closed on the next ASF->GH repo sync.

But that's not mandatory - and not possible for non-committers, obviously,
so when we cherry-pick changes over instead (or whatever approach
individual committers take for their changes), someone needs to manually
close the PR on GitHub.

A.