tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tapestry 5.4 - Integrating angular
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2013 11:04:14 GMT
On Fri, 08 Nov 2013 07:40:58 -0200, Dmitry Gusev <dmitry.gusev@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I thought about Angular/Tapestry integration and I see one issue so far:
>
> Is's integrating with Tapestry5 forms
>
> Angular can update DOM on the client-side but you won't be able to submit
> that form, to be more correct because tapestry won't be able to handle
> submitted data (translate values, validate, etc.) because it doesn't know
> about them -- they won't be in t:hidden field

In this case, I can see two paths, in no particular order, and not
excluding each other: 1) not use Tapestry forms at all, using some
JSONObject and JSONArray to POJO and vice-versa mapper (probably
implemented using Jackson) and 2) create a different set of form
components that handle for submission in a different way, without the
t:hidden field.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br