tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tapestry 5.4 - Integrating angular
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2013 12:58:45 GMT
On Fri, 08 Nov 2013 20:12:20 -0200, Michael Wyraz
<michael.wyraz@evermind.de> wrote:

> IMO tapestry forms have too many restrictions (especially when form
> elements are dynamic added/removed). We developped many workarounds
> (e.g. manipulating t:formdata for adding/removing form elements) - but
> this is so annoying that I often thought about re-implementing the
> forms. For new client-side apps I see no reason to  rely on tapestry's
> form implementation.

Agreed. On the other hand, we could think how we could reimplement them,
maybe as a different set of components, so they could be used in more
scenarios than today and work better in more dynamic scenarios. I'm having
an start of an idea about t:formdata contents from serialized objects to a
JSON object. I still have no idea if that's actually feasible, though.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br