tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Callender <geoff.callender.jumpst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suitability of AjaxResponseRenderer
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2014 01:45:09 GMT
Ville, you've echoed my thoughts exactly. If I don't hear an alternative view in the next 24
hours then I'll go ahead with the change.

Geoff

On 22/01/2014, at 11:24 PM, Ville Virtanen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> my 2c: use addRenderer. The driving decision for me is to support case, where additional
functionality is added later that uses ajaxResponseRenderer.addRenderer(zone). That does not
mix well with the return value, and suddenly some part of ajax functionality is not working,
and the bug manifests only if you happen to hit the code path that uses the return value.
So, I see no point using the return value myself. (This however was tested with one of the
alphas, I don't know if you can mix and match these days.)

> Ville Virtanen
> Orient Import Oy
> +358 45 111 4260

to using the latter for single-zone updates?

> The reason I want to do this is to provide simple consistency between single-zone and
multi-zone update examples. But is there a downside?