tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Once more into the breach ... revise documentation?
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 19:08:26 GMT
Despite the number of bugs hanging around, the big blocker for Tapestry 5.4
is documentation.

I don't think I have the patience to continue writing documentation in
Confluence.

I'm much happier using Asciidoc and using Jekyll as a publishing (and
blogging) platform.

I've been pursuing this with my own site and think it will work quite
nicely for the Tapestry documentation.

The main problem would be to extract our current content into a form that
can be used with Jekyll, such as Markdown.

With Jekyll, each page can be in its own format; my own site does some in
Jade, some in Asciidoc.

Jekyll is also easily extensible to support some of the features I'd like,
such as a "short" tag for JavaDoc links.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210