tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Kemnade <jochen.kemn...@eddyson.de>
Subject Execution time of registry-will-shutdown listeners
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2014 15:33:40 GMT
Hi,

since Tapestry 5.3, there's
RegistryShutdownHub.addRegistryWillShutdownListener(Runnable). The
JavaDoc says "RegistryWillShutdownListeners are notified before any
standard listeners, and before service proxies and other parts of the
Registry are  disabled.". However, the Registry Lock is locked before
the RegistryWillShutdownListeners are notified, so it's not possible to
acquire services in a RegistryWillShutdownListener.
The main reason I see for RegistryWillShutdownListeners is to perform
final cleanup tasks before the Registry goes down and I think the
registry should be fully functional at that point. Or wasn't that the
original intention?

Jochen