tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Kemnade <jochen.kemn...@eddyson.de>
Subject Re: Execution time of registry-will-shutdown listeners
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2014 09:13:52 GMT
Am 03.07.2014 20:23, schrieb Howard Lewis Ship:
> The intent was that no additional services would be acquired once the
> shutdown began since that raises ambiguities (what if those services add
> further shutdown listeners, will they get invoke).

Good point, I didn't think of that.

> That being said, we may be a little too strict here.

I think so too. If you have services that use other services to shut
down properly, that means that you'll have to realize them eagerly so
they are available in the shutdown listeners.
I think we should make an exception for the will-shutdown listeners. If
those add new *shutdown* listeners, that shouldn't be much of a problem.
Those will be invoked at a later point anyway.
If they add other will-shutdown listeners, those should probably be
invoked too. AFAICT, that should not cause an issue either as we use a
copy-on-write list for the preListeners already.