tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Execution time of registry-will-shutdown listeners
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2014 17:53:44 GMT
On Thu, 03 Jul 2014 12:33:40 -0300, Jochen Kemnade
<jochen.kemnade@eddyson.de> wrote:

> Hi,

Hi!

> since Tapestry 5.3, there's
> RegistryShutdownHub.addRegistryWillShutdownListener(Runnable). The
> JavaDoc says "RegistryWillShutdownListeners are notified before any
> standard listeners, and before service proxies and other parts of the
> Registry are  disabled.". However, the Registry Lock is locked before
> the RegistryWillShutdownListeners are notified, so it's not possible to
> acquire services in a RegistryWillShutdownListener.
> The main reason I see for RegistryWillShutdownListeners is to perform
> final cleanup tasks before the Registry goes down and I think the
> registry should be fully functional at that point. Or wasn't that the
> original intention?

I'd guess the original intention is having the services themselves or
their build methods to invoke their shutdown code, not having something
else grab the services and then call their shutdown methods.

But that's just a guess. :)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br