tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Support Spring JavaConfig in tapestry-spring
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2014 14:40:55 GMT
On Mon, 01 Sep 2014 08:56:21 -0300, Michael Wyraz
<michael.wyraz@evermind.de> wrote:

> Hi,

Hi!

> today I wantet to setup a tapestry-spring application without xml
> config. I found out that this is not yet possible because of
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-1522. As Jochen suggested,
> I'd like to discuss if we should support this or not.
>
> IMO we should ;-) - because setting up non-xml spring contexts has been
> an official way to setup spring for a long time (and still is), so
> ignorig it would deny us the access to an important spring feature.

You can still use Spring JavaConfig with tapestry-spring and I've done
that before: the workaround is to create a minimum Spring .xml
configuration file, just enough to set up JavaConfig.

If you provide a good patch for that support, we'll use it.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br