tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Basile Chandesris <ba...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Documentation
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2014 14:16:59 GMT
another alternative:
http://www.xwiki.com/lang/en/XWikivsOtherSolutions/XWikivsConfluence

Le 26/10/14 02:29, Geoff Callender a écrit :
> On 25 Oct 2014, at 10:15 am, Howard Lewis Ship <hlship@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've spent a couple of hours hitting some top bugs and working on some
>> improvements to the documentation.
>>
>> I can't say how much I hate confluence.
> Really?
>
>> I've been using an alternate tool, Dexy, of late. It's python and quirky,
>> but gets the job done.
>>
>> I'd love to have the documentation be part of the project; that could
>> easily be the end of all the since/until/deprecated nonsense.
> I find it really helpful having the since/until/deprecated stuff right there in one place.
Usually there is an explanation of the rationale for the change, and that's priceless. It's
a learning tool. Furthermore, it helps when preparing to upgrade and deciding how to approach
it; it's instructive to anyone coming from an earlier version; and it gives insight to anyone
who is looking at code that has evolved from an earlier version but is unfamiliar with older
versions.