tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo" <thi...@arsmachina.com.br>
Subject BeanModel and Commons package
Date Sun, 07 Dec 2014 02:49:23 GMT
Hi!

As I've mentioned some time ago, I realized the BeanModel classes from
tapestry-core would an awesome, easy-to-use, fast Java property reflection
library if it was a library of its own, specially POJO mapping and binding
ones like JAXB or Jackson. That's what I did today. ;)

All this work was done on the 'beanmodel-split' branch. I invite everyone
to take a look and all feedback, constructive or destructive, will be most
welcome. If no one objects in the next couple of weeks, I'll merge it into
the master branch.

I've created two new subprojects: BeanModel and Commons. Basically, the
BeanModel subproject is the set of classes and interfaces needed to obtain
BeanModel instances. The Commons one contains stuff needed by BeanModel,
but made more sense in a JAR of its own then stuffed inside the BeanModel
one. Now tapestry-ioc has a dependency on BeanModel, which has a
dependency on Commons.

I did this refactoring taking extreme care on backward-compatibility and
changing or moving as little code as possible. Indeed, around a handful
files had actual code changes. Classes that  were moved from tapestry-core
and tapestry-ioc to BeanModel or Commons are in the same package as
before, so no code using the BeanModel classes will be broken by this
change (assuming it has the BeanModel and Commons JARs in the classpath,
of course). Git detects it as file renames. I did have to refactor a
couple internal classes, specially InternalUtils, which had part of it
broken off to Commons' InternalCommonsUtils. I've also created
BeanModelSourceBuilder for making it easy to create BeanModelSource
objects without Tapestry-IoC, even its JavaDoc saying T-IoC is the
recommended approach. BeanModelSourceBuilderTest test it.

Cheers!

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br