tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Kemnade <kemn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Watcha make of this?
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 18:31:26 GMT
I'm still trying to understand why the current task dependencies are the
way they are.

Am 03.02.2015 um 18:55 schrieb Jochen Kemnade:
> why does generateRelease depend on continuousIntegration?

I think it shouldn't be like that and I'll try to remove that
dependency. Those tasks are not related anymore. And even with the old
non-SVN deployment procedure, the dependency should have been the other
way around IMHO. Or am I missing something?

> And why do we need to do quickstart:clean at all?

This dates way back to 2011-10-26:

commit db4b4aa3e997ea6ca9503dfa7f4c65f10445ebc9
Author: Howard Lewis Ship <hlship@apache.org>
Date:   Wed Oct 26 17:47:14 2011 +0000

    TAP5-1728: Quickstart archetype does not include the build.gradle

I wonder if that's still necessary.

On my machine, I removed the dependency from generateRelease on
"quickstart:clean" and continuousIntegration (patch attached) and
created a fake -beta-28 release and the build.gradle and pom.xml in the
quickstart jar looked fine.
I'd say we try it that way. Howard, what do you think? Or anyone else?

Jochen