tapestry-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Kalle Korhonen <kalle.o.korho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Next steps for 5.4
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2015 22:53:28 GMT
On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 6:15 AM, Jochen Kemnade <jochen.kemnade@eddyson.de>
wrote:

> Am 14.12.2015 um 15:07 schrieb Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo:
>
>> any thoughts on how we should continue?
>>> In my opinion there's nothing code-wise that's blocking the release.
>>>
>> +1
>>
> So, what do you suggest? Should we create a release build to be voted
> upon? Do we want to address all remaining documentation issues afterward?
> Or do we want another RC?
> I'm really unsure about the whole process and I'd really appreciate if
> someone who has more experience with releases in Apache projects could lend
> a hand.


If we collectively think we are more or less ready, we should produce a
final release build to be voted upon. There's no "Apache process" to
follow, it's whatever the project decides on. And it's simple to roll a new
patch release if we find some breaking things. I don't think we should wait
for all the remaining documentation issues. We may want to see if Vangel's
"problem when *add* a column to a *grid*" is a regression issue and perhaps
address it. I also had one other thing I just thought of (there's always
one...) that I'd like to get in but that said, we should not break for
non-critical issues.

Kalle

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message