tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Harner <bobhar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 5.5 anyone?
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2016 16:51:51 GMT
I don't think Jochen was proposing compiling Tapestry to anything other
that a 1.8 level, only that if Tapestry forces users to use a 1.8 runtime
then it doesn't mean they are forced to use 1.8 features.

I'm +1 with 5.4 being maintained for jre 1.6 or 1.7 and Tapestry 5.5 being
for jre 1.8 users, because 1) it's a way to keep devs interested, and 2)
the potential advantages of 1.8 are huge for Tapestry. One of the biggest
would be the ability to change interfaces without breaking backward
compatibility (via default methods).