tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TAP5 (Support pseudo nested JPA transactions) merged
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2016 17:44:11 GMT
On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 03:11:33 -0300, Kalle Korhonen
<kalle.o.korhonen@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been doing this long enough that I know the likeliest source of a
> bug is in my own code :) Just didn't see one now but oh well, I'll dig
> it out.

And if you find your code is correct but mine isn't, please let me know so
I can fix it. ;)

>> Selenium is discontinued as far as I know.
>

> What? That's news to me, can you provide a reference? I tell you, so many
> parts of Tapestry are so elegant, but testing both with Easymock and
> Selenium sometimes feels arcane to me compared to Geb, Mockito and
> HtmlUnit
> (and no, not signing up to rewrite the 1500 tests we have...).

Well, Selenium RC, the API the most of our Tapestry tests use, is
deprecated, and Selenium WebDriver is its replacement. There's
WebDriverBackedSelenium, a Selenium RC interface based on WebDriver, which
we could try to use in our tests. Selenium 3.0 will remove the RC API
completely.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br