tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 5.5 soon?
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2016 22:20:38 GMT
On Sun, 10 Jul 2016 16:33:24 -0300, Bob Harner <bobharner@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not critical, but I finished changes for
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2539 a while ago and just need
> to add tests. But if you're motivated to do a 5.5 release before I
> commit, that's perfectly fine.

The sooner, the better. :) There are a couple things I'd like to do in
5.4.x for a long time but I haven't had a chance, but we can release a new
version of it after 5.5 is out, of course merging the implementation in
5.5.

> Previously, Howard had said the following about Tapestry 5.5. I mention
> these in case someone thinks they are important to address now (I
> don't)...

Me too.

> 1. "Prototype will no longer be bundled with Tapestry starting in
> Tapestry
> 5.5."

If we do that, I'd still like for us to keep the JS framework abstraction
layer. Maybe we can make a vanilla JS implementation of it in the future
to be an option to jQuery. In addition, I don't see the point of removing
what isn't broken.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br