tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tapestry 5.5?
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2017 21:20:51 GMT
On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 1:03 PM, Jochen Kemnade <kemnade@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,

Hello!

> you may have noticed that the most recent Tapestry release (5.4.3) does not
> work with Java 9. This is mainly due to an outdated ASM release that we use
> in plastic.

I haven't had a chance to play with Java 9 yet. Thanks for the info!

> I have upgraded ASM to the latest stable release in the master branch,
> along with some other dependencies (such as Selenium) and Gradle.

Thanks!

> Rather than struggling with backports for 5.4, I'd say that we concentrate
> on finishing 5.5.

Is there any struggle with backporting stuff for 5.4? I'd guess the ASM
upgrade
was just updating the version. Was it?

> I'm creating a 5.5-alpha-4 preview release right now and would like to move
> on to beta stage (along with a first public release of the 5.5 line) soon.

Thanks!

> Is there anything we need to do before that? Any blocker issues that come
> to mind?

I cannot think of anything right now.

> I've used 5.5-alpha-3 in production for several months now and have not
> encountered any regression issues. Has anyone else given it a try?
> Also, does anyone else have some spare time to help finish the release?

Next week is complicated for me, but the following one I can schedule some
time to help you.

--
Thiago