tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitry Gusev <dmitry.gu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade Tapestry build to Java 11
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2019 23:12:04 GMT
Hi all,

I managed to run a green build on my local machine on Java 11 as part of
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2613, PR is here:

https://github.com/apache/tapestry-5/pull/26

I haven't tried Java 12 or above, not sure it's worth supporting any
intermediate releases prior to Java 17 at this stage
as that would be the next long term support (LTS) release as Java 11
currently is.
All major fixes should be back ported to 11.x.

It would be nice to get a green build on Jenkins for it while we're waiting
for the stable 5.5.x.

I'll try to look at it next week, but won't mind if anyone can do it :)

Thiago, do you have a hint where I could read about Jenkins upgrade?
Or maybe we could try Travis CI on GitHub. JIRA & GitHub have got a nice
integration: JIRA ticket automatically referenced this PR.

--
Dmitry Gusev

AnjLab Team
http://anjlab.com