tcl-general mailing list archives

From Jason Brazile <ja...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Re: time for a common library?
Date Sun, 20 Jan 2002 13:22:37 GMT
Hi David,

> I was thinking about something along these lines:

[...]

> Maybe switching some things to Tcl_Obj's instead of char *'s.

I have one general comment. I don't know really know all of the API's
that you are trying to unify, but one idea I'd like to suggest is the
idea of possibly adding streaming interfaces.  It might make it easier
and/or more efficient to pipeline encoding/decoding procedures. I don't
know the Tcl (memory) channel concept all that well, but perhaps this
can be used as a possible representation of a streaming interface.

Just a thought...

Jason

Jason Brazile                                 jason.brazile@netcetera.ch
Netcetera AG, 8040 Zuerich    phone +41 1 247 70 70  fax +41 1 247 70 75