tcl-general mailing list archives

From dav...@dedasys.com (David N. Welton)
Subject Re: time for a common library?
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 18:47:24 GMT
Michael Link <mlink@fractal.net> writes:

> Something like this would be useful for mod_tcl, I know I have a
> bunch of similar functions that are implemented everywhere else
> also.  (base64, cookie parsing, MIME parsing etc).

Any reason you don't use the Apache ones?  Or do you see a future in
which mod_tcl is unlinked from Apache?  My understanding has been that
mod_tcl pretty much gives you the Apache API, and therefore,
uncoupling the two would be a bit unnatural.

> Wasn't this what apreq was supposed to accomplish?

apreq gives you a layer on top of the Apache API for some useful
things like variables, cookies, file uploads and so forth - but it's
placed quite soundly on top of Apache.

> I haven't kept up with apreq, but I know the reason I couldn't use
> it at the time was because it wasn't compatible with Apache 2.0.

I suspect that may be a while in coming...  However, it's something
else we can consider for this library.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/