tcl-general mailing list archives

From dav...@dedasys.com (David N. Welton)
Subject time for a common library?
Date Sat, 12 Jan 2002 14:43:39 GMT

There are some things we all seem to have implemented in more or less
the same way, and that we all need.

Maybe it's time to start looking at a common library/layer for all of
our code, which implements the same functions whether it is compiled
as an Apache module or not.

A few things that come to mind right away:

environmental variables

'cgi' variables

file uploads

cookies

URL encode/decode

I have also asked the apreq folks if they have any ideas about this,
as I've been using, very happily the apreq layer for variables,
cookies, encoding/decoding, and above all, file uploads.  Perhaps they
would also be interested in a 'one layer up' library...

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/