tcl-general mailing list archives

From dav...@dedasys.com (David N. Welton)
Subject Re: insidious stat vs stat64 bug on Linux
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2002 20:05:25 GMT
Jason Brazile <jason@netcetera.ch> writes:

> That is pretty awful. I would have thought that POSIX would have
> defined exactly what a "struct stat" is.

The problem is when it's compiled with one and gets another - I think.
It was horribly subtle to find, and I only started catching on after
looking through the generated assembly and digging through
registers:-(

> If in doubt, I wouldn't trust Tcl on 64 bit issues. From recent
> newsgroup postings, it seems there are still known problems.

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what is to blame for the
situation.  I don't know if it's Debian, Apache, Linux' libc, Tcl, or
what.  I'll probably post to the newsgroup and/or Apache lists.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/