tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From Ronnie Brunner <ron...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Re: %%MAJOR_VERSION%%, make test
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2001 13:49:38 GMT
David,

> What's ncamerge?

This is an internal tool we use to track versions and merge tcl script
files. I didn't know we use this in websh and I guess we should get
rid of it. -> It basically concats the files on the commandline (here:
only configure.in and replaces keywords with values (-K KEY value
relpaces %%KEY%% in the source with value) and writes
unix/configure.in

The easiest way to get rid of it: fix unix/configure.in and hard code
version numbers and et rid of the configure.in in the top directory.

> Also:
>
> test uricode-2.6 {special cases} {
>     set in {%f6%F6%föö%}
>     set out [web::uridecode $in]
> } {öö%föö%}
>
> Seems to fail on my system:
>
> ööö%
> öö%föö%
> ==== uricode-2.6 FAILED
>
> I don't see this in the list of issues - is it a known problem?

None I would know of. Could that be related to character encoding
problems? I know that just recently we found out, that uriencode (and
therefore probably also uridecode) has a problem with UTF-8 and other
multibyte character encodings.

Ronnie
Netcetera AG, 8040 Zuerich    phone +41 1 247 79 79 Fax: +41 1 247 70 75