tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From Ronnie Brunner <ron...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Re: initcode and tcldecmt.tcl ...
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 11:19:27 GMT
> Of course, the really cool way of doing this would be to compile those
> scripts as byte code, and load that directly.  But my knowledge of Tcl
> internals is such that I don't know how quickly I could do that (or
> portably, either).

That would actually be fun to do I guess, but I suggest low priority
here (btw: if we look at this at all: procomp from the Tclpro package
should be the thing to look at. One could check for procomp; use it
if available and then integrate the necessary part of the tbc runtime
into websh to be able to load the code.)

It could well be that we look at something similar in the near/far
future (we have our own "compiler" that might need a replacment,
because it does not actually compile anything, but rather just hides
code in a shared object...)

Ronnie
Netcetera AG, 8040 Zuerich    phone +41 1 247 79 79 Fax: +41 1 247 70 75