tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From Ronnie Brunner <ron...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Re: web::request -reset
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2001 09:17:50 GMT
> I'm confused about
>
> int resetRequestData(Tcl_Interp * interp, RequestData * requestData)

> deletes all parameters from the web::request data (like 'web::request
> -unset'), removes all static parameters (like 'web::cmdurlcfg
> -unset'), all form variables (like 'web::formvar -unset'), all query
> string parameters (like 'web::param -unset'), and all temporary files
> created by HTTP form upload
>
> but it also seems to reset stuff that is set in ::config, which seems
> like a more 'global' command (and should therefore take precedence?).

I agree: imho these things should be application specific, not request
specific. Normally this should be done in the web::initializer -> if
reset between requests the application will fail. Browsing through the
options in web::config, I don't see any option that is request
specific in that sense. E.g. the requestData->cmdTag and
requestData->timeTag should not be reset.

Ronnie
Netcetera AG, 8040 Zuerich    phone +41 1 247 79 79 Fax: +41 1 247 70 75