tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Brazile <ja...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Re: FreeBSD errors
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:27:07 GMT
Hi David,

> @hercules [~/tcl-websh/src/unix] $ rm libwebsh3.10.so
> @hercules [~/tcl-websh/src/unix] $ make
> rm -f libwebsh3.10.so
> ld -Bshareable -x -o libwebsh3.10.so   -L/var/sites/tcl.apache.org/install/tcl/lib -ltclstub8.3
> : libwebsh3.10.so
>
> Is that how one normally creates these on a FBSD system?  Strange, it
> looks wrong, and on my linux box it gives me another command.  When I
> cut and paste, it seems to work ok on the fbsd box...

I ran configure like this:

 ./configure --with-tclinclude=/usr/local/include/tcl8.3 --with-tcl=/usr/local/lib/tcl8.3

...but that assumes using the pre-built binary tcl8.3 package.

"make" uses the following link command for the above configure:

ld -Bshareable -x -o libwebsh300.so.1 args.o  cfg.o  checksum.o  command.o  conv.o  crypt.o
 nca_d.o  dispatch.o  filecounter.o  filelock.o  formdata.o  hashutl.o  htmlify.o  log.o
logtocmd.o  logtochannel.o  logtofile.o  logtosyslog.o  logutl.o  messages.o  messagesCmd.o
 paramlist.o  querystring.o  request.o  script.o  uricode.o  url.o  web.o  webout.o  weboutint.o
 webutl.o  webutlcmd.o  varchannel.o modwebsh_cgi.o  request_cgi.o  response_cgi.o  -L/usr/local/lib
-ltclstub83

> The other error seems to be in a place where it tries to exec tcl8.3,
> but this box has it in a funny location, not in the PATH, so that's
> where that problem comes from.

By default, FreeBSD implements tclsh as follows:

	opera(jason): tclsh
	In FreeBSD, tclsh is named with a version number.  This is because
	different versions of tclsh are not compatible with each other and
	they can not all be called "tclsh"!  You may need multiple versions
	installed because a given port may depend on a specific version.

	On your system, tclsh is installed under at least the following names:

	tclsh8.3
	tclsh8.1

It is a bit tedious, but on the other hand I understand the motivation
behind it.

Are there still outstanding issues?

I finally have a cable modem at home, and perhaps over the next few
days I can set up my firewall and give you an ssh account if you need
to access a more-or-less-standard FreeBSD installation.

Jason

Jason Brazile                                 jason.brazile@netcetera.ch
Netcetera AG, 8040 Zuerich    phone +41 1 247 70 70  fax +41 1 247 70 75