tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From dav...@dedasys.com (David N. Welton)
Subject Re: %%MAJOR_VERSION%%, make test
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 11:15:52 GMT
Ronnie Brunner <ronnie@netcetera.ch> writes:

> > What's ncamerge?

> This is an internal tool we use to track versions and merge tcl
> script files. I didn't know we use this in websh and I guess we
> should get rid of it. -> It basically concats the files on the
> commandline (here: only configure.in and replaces keywords with
> values (-K KEY value relpaces %%KEY%% in the source with value) and
> writes unix/configure.in

> The easiest way to get rid of it: fix unix/configure.in and hard
> code version numbers and et rid of the configure.in in the top
> directory.

Ok, I will do so.  That would also make it easier, in my opinion, to
get started (I was confused for a bit myself on exactly how the pieces
fit together), which is a good thing for any Open Source project.

On this topic - I wrote a small tool, called 'cvsversion.tcl', which
looks to see if you have updated anything from the CVS code, and then
asks if you would like to update the Major, Minor or Patch level of
the code.  I use it to make sure that I update one of these numbers
each time I release new code.

> > test uricode-2.6 {special cases} {
> >     set in {%f6%F6%f%}
> >     set out [web::uridecode $in]
> > } {%f%}

> > Seems to fail on my system:

> > %
> > %f%
> > ==== uricode-2.6 FAILED

> > I don't see this in the list of issues - is it a known problem?

> None I would know of. Could that be related to character encoding
> problems? I know that just recently we found out, that uriencode
> (and therefore probably also uridecode) has a problem with UTF-8 and
> other multibyte character encodings.

I18n can be quite troublesome.  It took me a while to get it right
with mod_dtcl.  I will open this as a bug on nagoya if no one objects.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/