tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From dav...@dedasys.com (David N. Welton)
Subject Re: cvs commit: tcl-websh/src/generic url.c url.h
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 13:15:37 GMT
davidw@dedasys.com (David N. Welton) writes:

> How about this:

> by default, urlData->scheme is not filled in, leaving it as a config
> option, which does fill it in.

> At 'runtime' (when cmdurl is run), it then either fills it in with
> 1) the config option (takes precedence) 2) https, if that's found
> amongst the environmental variables, or 3) the default.

> A bit more calculation each time around, but it does keep the code
> simpler in other places, and makes the calculation at the correct
> time for mod_websh (which it wasn't for my original code).

Well, I've written this code, and it does work.  The problem is that

    lappend res [web::cmdurlcfg -scheme]

doesn't work any longer.

So... hrm...we could put some options in there (like 'default') but
that starts to get complicated and messy.

Maybe something like web::cmdurlcfg -schemeswitching on/off ?

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/