tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Hefti <he...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Re: cvs commit: tcl-websh/src/generic url.c url.h
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2001 10:35:32 GMT
David,

> That's a good idea, but what's to prevent us from just filling in the
> 'env' array, so that people can see these variables from the user
> level as well?  That's what I do in mod_dtcl/rivet, and the NWS guys
> do as well.

The env array _is_ available, but through the web::request accessor.
Two reasons for this:
- use common interface (like web::formvar, web::param, ...)
  no catch {} needed around set foo $env(doesnotexist)
- make people mod_websh aware

Simon.

Simon Hefti                                     simon.hefti@netcetera.ch
Netcetera AG, 8040 Zuerich    phone +41 1 247 79 47  fax +41 1 247 70 75