tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From dav...@dedasys.com (David N. Welton)
Subject Re: "cleanups": 4726
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2001 15:51:56 GMT
Ronnie Brunner <ronnie@netcetera.ch> writes:

> > I was thinking of something that just does a more simplistic cleanup:

> I see the point, but I'm not sure whether this really
> helps. Modified procs, namesapce vars, and global vars are all
> leaking. I'm sure you could walk through namespaces and gather ALL
> variables including their values in [Entry] and unset new vars and
> reset old vars in [Exit] (you could even do that with all procs),
> but this just seems a very clumsy approach to do the getstate in Tcl
> instead of in C.

But can you actually get everything you need from C, with Tcl's public
API?

> After all this, it still seems the easiest to make the developer
> responsible for keeping track of "session cross-talk" unless we can
> really provide something that works (including odd stuff like

I agree - without a whole lot of work, which quite possibly involves
the Tcl core, I'm not sure that this can be done cleanly.  It will
most likely create more confusion than it's worth.

Unless someone has a particularly clever approach, I will set this bug
to 'wontfix'.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/