tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From Andrej Vckovski <andrej.vckov...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Re: putx {= bug
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2001 14:09:18 GMT
On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Simon Hefti wrote:

> I added it on Andrej's suggestion. It's a php idea.
>
> Simon.

I don't have any problems if we remove that. It was just thought as a
short-cut. Just another stupid idea:

what if we would make it even more flexible?

(maybe a bad idea, but I write it anyhow)

web::config puthook character command

e.g.,

web::config puthook = {web::put [subst %s]}

so whenever the caracter following the markup is that special one,
then the given command is substituted (%s the value of the marked
content) and evaluated.

however, if we change the markup semantics so that not the marekd up
content is evaluated rather that everything outside the markup is
placed in a web::put, then this isn't really useful anymore.

- Andrej.

Andrej Vckovski                             andrej.vckovski@netcetera.ch
Netcetera AG, 8040 Zuerich    phone +41 1 247 79 05  fax +41 1 247 70 75