tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From Ronnie Brunner <ron...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Re: release plans
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 14:36:57 GMT
> Ok, let's try for Wednesday evening my time for both of us to have
> working test sites.  That means that we fix up the download area, and
> integrate the documentation from the tcl-websh module.

almost there ... (although I have the websh subdirectory running only,
but I don't think I have anything to contribute to the rest (at
this time anyway))

btw: I don't really like the current setup of having all the
intermediate files and websh.com.gen sitting in the document root
of the server. My approach would be: *.ws3 in the document root and
all the rest in a directory that is separate from the docroot (e.g. a
subdir of the serverroot or something.) Is there still time to fiddle
around with this? This would mean that we have to create a makefile
and also that the the directory structure from the CVS is not directly
what we have in the document root. Any thoughts?

> On your end, I suppose you need to ready websh.com to do a redirect,
> or however we're going to handle that (I think a redirect is best).

Yeah. I'll actually do this after the being online (just to be sure
that everything works.)

> I would also like to have a press release of some kind, in which we
> mention Websh, Netcetera, and maybe the Rivet alpha as "in other news,
> ...", in order to hype the Apache Tcl project some.

Sure! I'd suggest that we do not do that all at te same time. I could
imagine separate press releases or postings, even at different times
(increases the memory effect of tcl.apache.org). Not being
very ready with the websh part kind of leads me to suggest that we
wait for the websh release until we have the site running w/o memory
leak and only then install the redirect from websh.com.

> (I had a dream
> last night about giving my talk at ApacheCon and having only two
> people show up!).

At least you were at the conference ;-( My proposal was rejected as
you probably know. I assume you were one of the reviewers ...