tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From Ronnie Brunner <ron...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Warning core dump + Status memory leaks
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 22:51:39 GMT
Hi guys,

Warning: the current CVS repository unfortunately dumps core with
[make test], I checked in my latest version without proper check. SORRY
All the test run through, but the cleanup seems not to work as expected.
Unfortunately I have to go to bed, because I have a meeting in a
couple of hours, I can only look at it tomorrow. The problem seems to
be the cleanup when websh terminates.

Status memory leaks:  fixed two of them (rather small ones), but at
least mod_websh does not leak anymore when creating/destroying interps
and when handling request (that do not involve much code) -> there is
more memory leaking in the actual Websh, but most likely not in
mod_websh. I also found out, that most of the leaking is stuff that
gets allocated in Tcl_DStringAppend and Tcl_DStringSetLength (tclUtil.c)
but this does not help yet, because we don't explicitly call these
function in websh.

As I said: I'll lokk into it tomorrow. Hope you can live with the core
dump in the mean time (or maybe even fix it?? wishfull thinking ;-)

Ronnie