tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From Ronnie Brunner <ron...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Re: memory leaks fixed
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 19:37:33 GMT
> It's probably best to leave things alone as much as possible for now.
> After the release, we will have a freer hand to tweak the code,
> without inadvertently creating more problems.

> > I'll try to work on the web site over the weekend. Please let me
> > know, where I should put files like websh.com.gen if I want to take
> > them out of the document root. (IMHO this could be the same
> > directory as webshconf.tcl) I will change some file names as well, I
> > hope that's ok.
>
> Hrm.  From the point of view of CVS, it seems easier to leave
> everything in the tcl-site CVS module...  maybe we could change the
> name to .conf, and then disallow requests for *.conf files?

Ok. I'll think of something. Only problem: webshconf.tcl seems in an
odd place then. Can I move it to the websh directory as well? (I'll
want to rename it to websh.conf however)

As for the other files: if we don't think it's a (security) problem we
could actually integrate the websh.com.gen stuff into the site as a
visual example of how a site is set up with mod_websh. Problems with
that? Proper naming for that would be something like

      websh.conf
      websh.interpclass
      websh.interpclass.initializer

Like this we have everything in one place and it kind of speaks for
itself. (Only problem is that websh.conf has some absolute paths that
would show.)