tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From Ronnie Brunner <ron...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Last tweaks for the tar ball and documentation
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 23:41:02 GMT
I just did another round of cleanup. For the final 3.5.0 tar ball I
still have a few questions:

- the doc/Makefile doesn't create a quickref.html anymore. This shuld
  be reintroduced, because otherwise the web page doesn't work (needs
  to be added to the download directory of the site in a single file
  named quickref.html)

- Is there a simple way to generate quickref.txt as well?

- I don't like the idea of having every file in the repository in the
  tar ball distribution: I'd prefer leave the CVS directories and the
  examples (which are way outdated) out and include
  quickref.html and quickref.txt instead. (I can work on that tar
  file, including the naming and the content, but it would be great if
  someone (i.e. David)* could take care of the doc generation.

- For now I suggest that the tagging is manual and that we find
  something for automation later (also for all the replacments of
  Websh's version numbers in the README and other files)

- I fiddled around with the websh.spec, but I can't test it. Can
  anyone quickly see if it works?

*) sorry for being so direct, but I don't think anyone else is
listening ;-(