tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From dav...@dedasys.com (David N. Welton)
Subject Re: tarball
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 18:12:53 GMT
Ronnie Brunner <ronnie@netcetera.ch> writes:

> It works on my system too!
>
> I do have some minor change requests however (just to make it look the
> way other source tar balls look):

> - naming: websh-3.5.0.tar.gz

Sure.

> - should contain (create) websh-3.5.0 directory (not tcl-websh)

Ok, this one makes sense.

> - should not include the CVS directories

You think not?  I kind of like having them available when I download a
project.  They are the anonymous CVS ones, and so can by used by joe
user.

> - in any case: when really creating the tar we *must* tag the
> repository, so we know what's in the source tar ball. I'll think of
> an automatic way for the future. For now I suggest:
>
>     cd path/to/tcl-websh
>     cvs tag websh-3_5_0
>
>   Note that tag names can't contain '.', that's why the '_' come in.

What happens if we change some little thing - does that mean we have
to retag?  I have never used these, so I'm not sure what the best
practices are.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/