tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From dav...@dedasys.com (David N. Welton)
Subject Re: Things to do before websh3.5
Date Sun, 28 Jul 2002 22:34:32 GMT
Ronnie Brunner <ronnie@netcetera.ch> writes:

> - add the latest tar ball for websh3.5 to websh/download (same
>   question as above + check link from home page)
>
> - create the latest tar ball for websh 3.5 (we have a problem with
>   the former point otherwise ;-)

Ok - I do have a make dist target in the makefile.  We just need to
make sure it's doing the right things.

> - How do we tag releases in the repository? Any particular tool, or
> just plain manual action?

I've never used tagging in CVS myself.  I have used the cvsversion.tcl
tool to keep the version number 'moving' (incr'ed for CVS changes),
but I don't know if you want to do that.  I include it in mod_dtcl and
Rivet, and it basically checks to see if you have made any changes,
and asks if you'd like to update the major, minor or point number of
the release.

> - Review of the stuff I changed today and yesterday
>
> Any more things I missed?

I think that's what was on my list, more or less.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/